- Secure Home Package Delivery Matters
- Solving the Secure Home Delivery Problem
- Design to Deter Porch Pirates
- How It Works
- Siting for Fast, Easy Parcel Carrier Access
- Alerts Available from Parcel Carriers
- Why Parcel Carriers Use It
- Product Features & Finish Selections
- Installation Details & Product Warranty
- Shopping online continues to grow in popularity resulting in growing numbers of packages delivered to homes
- Many homeowners are away during prime package delivery hours
- Packages left sitting in the open on porch steps or other visible locations invite theft
- “Porch Pirates” follow parcel delivery carriers looking for unattended packages to steal
- Unprotected packages may also be damaged by weather
- Ecommerce sales continue to rise - represented 14.3% of all retail sales in 2018 Source: https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/article/us-ecommerce-sales/
- 26 million Americans had a package stolen from their porch in 2017 – and that was just during the holidays! Source: https://www.insurancequotes.com/press-room/porch-pirates-stolen-holiday-packages-2017
- Suggestions for fending off Porch Pirates include…
- Have shipments delivered to work if allowed
- Ask friends or neighbors usually at home during the day to receiving your packages
- Require a signature for packages ordered and delivered to home – assuming someone will be there to receive them
- Use alternative pickup and delivery options available from FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service and UPS
- Install home security devices including surveillance cameras
- None of the options above are as simple and convenient for homeowners as installing an easy to use, out-of-sight, secure package delivery box at home
Clients building new homes will thank you for including the Package Protector™ carrier neutral package delivery amenity in their new home!
- New home buyers will expect a package delivery solution when building a new home as half of all homeowners (52%) surveyed already have some sort of package delivery solution in their existing home.
- Nearly 75% of all homeowners shop online at least once every few weeks with 25% shopping multiple times a week. Nearly 40% of homeowners use at least one online subscription service.
- Nearly all homeowners (90%) have their packages delivered to their homes rather than use an alternate pickup location. However, more than one-third have also shipped packages to places other than home suggesting some concerns with the safety of packages at home.
- The Package Protector accepts about 95% of popular package sizes*. Most homeowners get medium-sized packages (62%) that are most likely to be left at their front door unprotected.
- Nearly all (91%) of homeowners use package tracking notifications available free through parcel carriers and/or retailers. Additional notifications were not deemed necessary by most homeowners.
- A majority of homeowners (85%) have experienced damaged, delayed, or stolen/missing packages at least once and many multiple times. The Package Protector, with its recessed locking style, would mitigate the damaged/stolen/missing package problem.
- The Package Protector, with its mechanical keypad and built-in appearance was the preferred product by 61% of the homeowners.
* Package acceptance statistic based on Package Concierge package transaction history
- Package Protector™ provides parcel carriers a secure place to deposit packages
- Guards packages from rain and other harmful elements
- Internal compartment (34”x12”x15”) accepts ~95% of popular package sizes and multiple small packages of varying sizes
- Package Protector™ keeps packages out of sight from porch pirates
- It’s super simple to use – for homeowners and parcel carriers!
- Homeowner sets access code on resettable combination lock
- When ordering something online the homeowner simply adds the access code into the shipping address …
- First & Last Name
- Address Line #1: House # and Street Name
- Line #2: Input XXXX to open Package Protector™ on porch
- City, State & Zip Code
- Carrier deposits package in Package Protector™ - closes and locks the door - and moves on to his or her next delivery
- Access code can be changed by homeowner at any time
- Homeowner can allow anyone to use Package Protector™ simply by providing them the current access code
- Choosing a location for Package Protector™ that is convenient for parcel carriers is very important
- Packages are typically delivered to the front door, so siting Package Protector™ in the front porch area is optimal
- If the porch is not ideal due to the home floorplan, then close to the porch in a covered, protected location is the next best alternative
- Installing the Package Protector™ PRO model into an unconditioned space such as a garage or storage area is recommended
- Carriers will happily use Package Protector™ if it is located in a convenient location that doesn’t add time to their delivery process
- If recessing Package Protector™ PRO won’t work with your home design – the free-standing, pedestal mounted Package Protector™ PORT model is right for you!
- Package Protector™ PORT mounted on a pedestal can be anchored to an existing concrete porch, driveway or any existing concrete pad at least 4” thick.
- If no existing concrete pad is available where you want to place your Package Protector™ PORT you can pour a 12”x 18” x 24” D concrete pier to place it anywhere.
- When selecting your site, just remember that parcel carriers will be happy to use either Package Protector™ model as long as it’s in a convenient location that doesn’t add time to their delivery process.
- Each major parcel carrier company offers services that provide customers with email or text alerts that…
- provides information re: package delivery progress
- notifies customer when package is delivered
- Informed Delivery from the U.S. Postal Service also provides an email with images of the mail being delivered daily in addition to providing package tracking notifications
- Package delivery notifications are available for any customer with a residential address
- Signing up is fast, easy and free!
- All parcel companies want to avoid “re-deliveries”
- Carriers want to deliver a package during their first attempt and avoid leaving “missed delivery” notices
- Parcel delivery companies contract with retailers for delivery services and want to complete the delivery as quickly and efficiently as possible under their contracts
- Parcel delivery companies offer customers the ability to add special instructions to home accounts so that alternate locations or other special package handling notes can be provided
- Carriers read the shipping address to deliver a package and when the Package Protector™ instructions are entered in the shipping address they will follow them
- Internal package compartment size is 34.5"H x 12”W x 15“D
- Resettable combination lock requires no electricity or batteries
- Push button lock provides homeowner and delivery carrier easy access and automatically locks when door is closed
- Constructed of heavy aluminum and stainless steel for superior strength
- Patent pending water intrusion management system, tested to ASTM E331/E547, discharges water from interior compartment to protect your packages (recessed units only)
- Rugged, corrosion resistant powdercoat finish resists scratching
- Multiple finish selections to complement home’s architecture
- Easy installation methodology for recessed and pedestal mount designs
- Recessed mount design installation details provided in PDF and DWG formats for:
- LAP SIDING - Wood Frame & CMU
- STUCCO - Wood Frame & CMU
- MASONRY - Wood Frame & CMU
- Download installation docs and other product information in Download and Product Information section
- Florence stands behind its products with a
PackageProtector Product Overview
Florence Care & Cleaning (PDF)
Florence Powder Coat Finish Web Card
Florence Sustainability (PDF)
Florence Warranty (PDF)
PackageProtector Cutsheet (PDF)
Installation Details - Lap Siding CMU (PDF)
Installation Details - Lap Siding Wood Framed (DWG)
Installation Details - Lap Siding Wood Framed (PDF)
Installation Details - Masonry CMU (DWG)
Installation Details - Masonry CMU (PDF)
Installation Details - Masonry Wood Framed (DWG)
Installation Details - Masonry Wood Framed (PDF)
Installation Details - Stucco CMU (DWG)
Installation Details - Stucco CMU (PDF)
Installation Details - Stucco Wood Framed (DWG)
Installation Details - Stucco Wood Framed (PDF)
PackageProtector Install Manual (PDF)
Send us an Email.
What Information Would You Like to Receive?
2701 N. US Hwy 12 Units A & B
Spring Grove, IL 60081
2301 South English Station Road
Louisville, KY 40299
7933 Strawberry Lane
Belmont, MI 49306
Sales and Support: 1-(800) 977-2626
Illinois Local #: 1-(815) 675-9313
Kentucky Local #: 1-(502) 245-0087
Michigan Local #: 1-(616) 915-0300